New Face: Meet Admissions Counselor Tara Banerjee

Meet Tara Banerjee, an admissions counselor for World Campus. You might talk to her on the phone if you call our main line; it’s always nice to put a face with a name!

Tara Banerjee

What’s your role in Admission Services?

The majority of my day consists of fielding admission inquiries from prospective students as well as assisting actively serving military service members and veterans as they pursue higher education.  I also work with a dedicated group of alumni volunteers who serve as mentors to prospective World Campus students.

How does it feel to work with service members all over the world on a daily basis?

It feels incredible to be working with active service members and veterans who are located all over the world!  I enjoy assisting this eager population by helping them to enroll in courses for the first time or complete a degree program that was started many years ago.

What’s your favorite part about working for Penn State?

I’m so happy to finally be a part of the Penn State family!  I was born and raised in central Pennsylvania and although I attended college in another state, I’ve always been intrigued by the school spirit I witness on a daily basis and the countless happy stories that my friends who graduated from Penn State several years ago still tell.  I will be enrolling in graduate school at Penn State in the fall of 2012!

I enjoy the excitement of working for a large university with such strong name recognition.  I admire the fact that the Penn State encourages its employees to always be furthering their own education.  I also appreciate the great work-life balance that I am fortunate to have as a result of my employment here.

I am honored to say that I will soon finally be a Nittany Lion!  I was recently offered admission into the secondary school counseling education program and intend to enroll in the fall of 2012.

Any advice for World Campus students?

Be assertive!  College is not the time in your life to be bashful.  Our faculty members will understand if you have circumstances which will prevent you from completing a course assignment, but you must effectively communicate this information in a timely manner to your instructor(s).

Thanks, Tara!