Meet Kaleigh Miller, Blue & White Society Executive Board Member

Kaleigh Miller
Blue & White Society Director of Communications, Kaleigh Miller.

A few months ago, students in the World Campus chapter of the Blue & White Society elected into office their 2012-2013 executive board. Over the next few weeks you can get to know the members of the board as they share a little about themselves and their goals for the Blue & White Society in the coming year.

To start off we have the Director of Communications, Kaleigh Miller. A California native, Kaleigh has earned a bachelor’s in business management and is now pursuing a master’s degree in business administration.

What plans do you have for the Blue & White Society for the coming year?

I would like to provide more opportunities for our members to interact and network with each other. Being World Campus students, we can sometimes feel disconnected from the rest of Penn State. I want to fill in that gap and make sure all of our members feel connected and engaged with each other. I know this is a very challenging task, but as Henry David Thoreau said, “In the long run, men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, they had better aim at something high.”

What has been your most memorable Blue & White Society moment thus far?

Probably the day I found out I was going to be the new Director of Communications! This is a role that I take very seriously and I am so excited to have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of my fellow Blue & White Society members. Another moment that was very memorable was my first executive board meeting. I felt so welcomed by everyone and it really set the tone for this upcoming year.

How do you hope to connect Blue & White members to Penn State?

Sometimes, as World Campus students, we can feel disconnected from the University as a whole. It seems as if so much is going on, but we aren’t always included. I hope to change that by ensuring that all Penn Stater’s, whether they live in Pennsylvania or Oregon, are aware and as much a part as possible in all that is going on at Penn State. This can be accomplished through social media, special events, and constant communication with the members.

I would like to connect World Campus Blue & White Society members on a personal level as a community. Being a member of the World Campus chapter gives each student the opportunity to interact across majors, degrees, and physical boundaries. I want to enrich the online learning experience to include interaction with other students from different programs that call Penn State World Campus home.

What is your favorite Penn State memory?

My entire MBA cohort went to Chicago, IL for our weeklong residency at Tampico Beverages. It was an amazing experience because I was able to apply all of the tools and techniques I had been taught up to that point. It was also great getting to know the members of my cohort. The caliber of individuals I have the pleasure of learning with never ceases to amaze me.

The residency experience gave me a glimpse of what life will be like after I graduate and am able to apply all of my newfound knowledge to the real-world. The experience solidified in my mind that I had made the right decision in choosing Penn State World Campus and I am so excited to find out what the future holds for me.

What is your favorite way of showing your Penn State pride?

I love cheering on the Penn State Nittany Lions and wearing my Blue & White Society t-shirt often and with pride! Also, my office at work is decorated with a Penn State pendant and matching mug. I cannot wait to purchase a Penn State Alumni license plate but that will have to wait until graduation.

Join the World Campus Blue & White Society Chapter

Not a Blue & White Society member? Why not? There are many benefits of membership. Join now and start taking advantage of all that being a part of the Penn State Alumni Association has to offer.