Blue & White Society Member Spotlight: Ivy Moon-Rumsey

For the second Blue & White Society spotlight feature, member Ivy Moon-Rumsey shares a little about herself. Ivy is a Letters, Arts, and Sciences student originally from New York, but currently living in State College, PA. She is a passionate World Campus student with lots of Penn State pride. Ivy answered a couple of questions about her experiences. Check out what she had to share.

Blue & White Society member, Ivy Moon-Rumsey.

What has been your most memorable Blue & White Society moment thus far?

The World Campus tailgate at Medlar Field for All-University Day. I shared lots of stories and met many students I had only known online. A great bonding experience!

What is your favorite Penn State memory?

My induction into Alpha Sigma Lambda, the Adult Learner National Honor Society. I was able to show my daughters that anything is possible if you work hard.

What is one thing you hope to do for other Blue & White Society members?

Continue to seek ideas to make Blue & White members feel more connected with other students and the University.

What is your favorite way of showing your Penn State pride? 

My Penn State tattoos and community service work through the alumni chapter. I also don’t mind a good tailgate before and after a football game to show my Penn State pride. WE ARE…PENN STATE!!!

If you could choose any one person, living or dead, whom would you most want to be like?

Joe Paterno. Even to be a quarter of the person he was.

If you could have one hidden talent, what would it be?

Be a musician. I want to play the guitar and ukulele in the worst way. At times I even pretend to be a rock star and as I play (poorly) I flick my pick to my audience (my daughters), who then yell at me for almost taking out their eye. LOL

If you had to eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be? 

Chocolate brownie topped with Berkey Creamery ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream.

Join the World Campus Blue & White Society Chapter

Not a Blue & White Society member? Why not? There are many benefits of membership. Join now and start taking advantage of all that being a part of the Penn State Alumni Association has to offer.