5 Ways to Take Advantage of Spring Break

If you’re like me, spring break might seem like a distant mirage, enticing you and luring you away from more important thoughts — like handling those midterms.

Rather than stand on the proverbial soapbox this week and give you advice on how to ace  them (when I figure that out, trust me I will share it with you), let’s shift the focus to the relaxation and relief that’s just around the corner.

Spring break is the time given to us to take a breath, to stop running around like Chicken Little and remember what sleep feels like. With that being said, here are some ideas to take advantage of the 5 days of calm we can look forward to…

1. Hit the snooze button and let your body take care of the waking up.

Person hitting snooze button
Photo by NAVY_NADAP via Flickr.

While not entirely realistic due to children and/or jobs, there will be a few days you can do this. I highly suggest you do.

2. Keep the laptop closed and temporarily trade up to a bigger screen at the movies.

There are some good movies out right now, and rather than let them pass you by, swoop in on those matinee tickets and pass the popcorn.

3. Get a head start on spring cleaning!

The holidays always trip me up, what with different family gatherings, the racing around, the overeating, and the unbelievable amount of stress. I’d be lying if I said there weren’t a few things (cough, my closet) that could use a little sprucing up.

4. Take a weekend trip somewhere — anywhere.

Student Universe has some really great deals right now, as do most travel sites. With so many assignments usually being due on Sunday evening, take advantage of this not being the case, and get out of town for a bit. A change of scenery never hurt anyone.

5. Do whatever your heart desires.

While these tips I pass along are solid suggestions, they are by no means a comprehensive guide to the nearly endless possibilities you have just around the bend.

Whether you have the opportunity to do something on a big scale (road trip, anyone?) or on a not so big scale (Downton Abbey marathon, here I come), do whatever is going to make you happy.

And just remember, this is it ladies and gentlemen. After this break we’ve got to push, push, push until the end and it’s not going to be a walk in the park.

So with midterms on my mind, I bid you farewell and best of luck on yours! If we can make it through this week, we just might be okay.

We Are!