The fall semester is coming to a close, and it’s time to mark the final important dates, deadlines, and events of the year. Don’t miss out on exciting webinars and important World Campus office closures. For those of you who are graduating, check out the commencement and celebration details.
Understanding Federal Financial Aid Webinar
Want to know more about federal financial aid? Not sure how different policies apply to you or your aid eligibility? Get your questions answered at “Understanding Federal Financial Aid,” webinar hosted by Sarah Zipf, manager of the Penn State World Campus and Continuing Education Office of Student Aid.
For more information and registration, visit the World Campus website.
Career Webinar: Writing Your Résumé
Writing a professional résumé is an essential job search tool. Résumés written for specific positions and specific employers will set yours apart from the others and provide the perfect vehicle for translating past experiences into the language of the reader — the prospective employer!
Topics covered will include:
- Where do I start?
- How many résumé types are there?
- What should a résumé look like?
- Why do we write résumés?
- What are the different sections?
- What content do I include?
- How do I word it?
- Why does paper differ from electronic submission?
To register for a career webinar, visit the World Campus website.
World Campus Graduation Celebration
Each semester we host a reception to recognize graduating World Campus students. We invite our graduates to join us in celebrating their hard work and accomplishments with family members, World Campus staff and faculty, and fellow Penn Staters. Congratulations to our World Campus graduates!
Penn State’s Fall Commencement will be held on this day. For more information, visit the Penn State Commencement website.
December 24–January 1
Winter Holiday Office Closure
To help you plan ahead this winter season, we want to share with you the World Campus schedule for the upcoming winter holiday.
- Monday, December 24–Wednesday, December 26: All World Campus offices will be closed.
- Thursday, December 27 & Friday, December 28:The following World Campus offices will be open with a reduced staff from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (ET):
- Undergraduate advising
- Student aid
- Student enrollment services
- Monday, December 31 & Tuesday, January 1: All World Campus offices will be closed
- Tuesday, January 2: World Campus will return to normal hours of operation