We are pleased to announce that effective spring 2013, the College of Information Sciences and Technology will offer a new option in the Associate in Science in Information Sciences and Technology program at Penn State World Campus. If you are a current 2IST student or are considering pursuing your associate degree in IST this may be of interest to you.
While currently IST students have the option between the Generalized Business Option and the Individualized Option, starting in spring 2013, World Campus will also offer a Baccalaureate Option.
This new option may be especially attractive to associate students interested in continuing their education in Information Sciences and Technology, as many of the credits earned can be applied toward the requirements of the bachelor’s program at Penn State.
If you choose to enroll in the Baccalaureate Option you must complete 15 credits in the following courses along with other major requirements:
- ECON 102 (GS) Introductory Microeconomic Analysis and Policy (3 credits)
- STAT 200 (GQ) Elementary Statistics (4 credits)
- IST 240 Introduction to Computer Languages (3 credits)
- IST 230 Language, Logic, and Discrete Mathematics (3 credits)
- MATH 110 (GQ) Techniques of Calculus I (4 credits)
If you are interested in learning more about the Baccalaureate Option please talk with your assigned academic adviser or contact the World Campus advising office at 1-800-252-3592 or firstname.lastname@example.org.