Test taking can sometimes be a nerve-wracking and overwhelming experience. If you have ever felt anxious while studying or sitting for an exam, check out the latest episode of PawCast where we talk about the physiological condition known as test anxiety.
Not sure what the best testing environment is, or how to properly prepare for your exams? Don’t worry! You will get to hear great advice on best practices on how to approach all aspects of test taking in order to reduce anxiety.
Dr. Ben Locke, associate director of Clinical Services at Penn State’s Counseling and Psychological Services, stops in the studio and discusses key points related to test anxiety. Some of the information shared includes:
- the relationship between stress and test anxiety
- symptoms of test anxiety
- the most common concerns about, and behaviors that worsen test anxiety
- tips for managing test anxiety
- developing effective test taking techniques
- resources and accommodations available for students with test anxiety
Don’t miss out on this informative episode!
Listen and Get Involved
You too can participate in PawCast! Ask questions in advance for our upcoming guests, share your ideas for future podcast episodes, and submit your own tips for academic success. Visit our website now to contribute to PawCast.