Now that you have survived the first two weeks of the new semester, red markings blocking off time for various commitments may have magically begun to appear on your calendar. If this is the case for you, there is no better time to begin getting organized.
Between work, school, family, and other responsibilities, your schedule can fill up fast. The important thing is to make sure that you are managing your time in an effective manner. Planning ahead can make for less stress and more free time.
Take a look at your schedule and make a note of all of your upcoming planned events. This way you can set aside time when you have nothing scheduled for your school work.
Recently we asked World Campus students to give feedback on their most useful tips for time management and some of the responses included:
- Make a personal schedule, and stick to it.
- Know when you are naturally the most productive and use that time to knock out assignments.
- Use a planner, write out your assignment schedule to get organized and prioritize, and use any spare time you have to work on classes even if it’s only five minutes.
- Know what is due, when it’s due, and make time to get it done.
- Organization is key. Make a plan and stick to it.
- Do your work at the earliest convenience, not the last possible moment.
- Cut the cord off the time sucker otherwise known as the TV.
- While working online stray away from computer games and time consuming sites such as Facebook—there will be time for that when your work is done.
- Write your major due dates down at the start of the semester, and keep a weekly work plan in pencil, just in case you have to make changes, and you will.
- My best friends are my planner, organization, and no procrastination!
- Look ahead at the syllabus.
- Try and complete school work whenever you have a free moment, even if it’s only for 10 minutes.
These are all great tips for success! Check out all the other advice World Campus students provided.
If you have your own suggestions for best time management practices please share in the comment section below.