Do you have an amazing photo of your favorite summertime tradition? Is your pet Penn State proud? Beginning June 3, we are asking that you share your best and most creative photos as a part of our summer photo event. The top-voted photo from each category will be featured as our Facebook cover photo for one week, and the photographer will receive a Penn State item.
How does it work?
From June 3–14, send your photos from one (or more!) of the four categories listed below. Then between June 17–28, you can view and vote on your photo submissions on our blog.
Spread the word to your friends, family, and classmates, and have them vote for your photo. The recipient in each category will be the person whose photo receives the most votes!
What are the categories?
We will accept photos from the following categories:
- Summer Fun: Send us a photo that shows how you’re enjoying the summer!
- Family and Pets: Family and pet photos show us a little bit about you. The more Penn State-themed, the better!
- Landmarks: Do you have an awesome photo of a landmark in your town, or have you recently visited a place that has a cool one? We want to see your photo!
- Living the “Green” Life: Show us how you incorporate sustainability into your life.
How do I enter?
The deadline to submit your entry is 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Friday, June 14, 2013. One entry per category, please. However, entries in more than one category are welcome.
- Title your photo file with your last name, first name, and photo category (for example: SmithJohn_Summer.jpg).
- Include a brief narrative or caption for each photo submitted.
- Please provide your Penn State ID number so that we can verify your eligibility and obtain your mailing address.
Send entries to email@example.com, or use the submission form at the bottom of this post.
Recipients will be notified the week of June 30. (Be sure to review eligibility requirements and other important information below.)
Who is eligible to enter?
- Any student currently enrolled in a World Campus degree or certificate program (undergraduate or graduate) who has taken at least one World Campus course between fall semester 2012 and summer semester 2013
- Any World Campus student in nondegree status who has taken at least one World Campus course between fall semester 2012 and summer semester 2013
- Penn State employees are not eligible to participate.
- Please remember to keep the photos family friendly. We reserve the right to not post any submissions we deem inappropriate or offensive.
- Make sure the submissions are all your own photos. We want to see a piece of YOUR world!
Submissions are no longer being accepted. You can vote for your favorite photos here!