The Career Services team at Penn State World Campus has created a new series of videos that provides professional and academic insights from a World Campus graduate who now works at Penn State.
The videos feature Matt Soroka, World Campus career services counselor, and James MacGregor, a residence life coordinator at Penn State who earned his Master of Education in Higher Education through World Campus.
The series includes 7 short videos, each less than three minutes long. MacGregor shares observations and lessons learned throughout his journey from online learner to a professional working in the higher education field, including:
- how skills and knowledge he acquired through many different roles and life experiences have helped him as a student and in his career
- tips and strategies to help stay organized as a busy adult learner
- important skills gained as a student that he was able to transfer to the workplace
- why collaborating with classmates and joining student activities can provide valuable benefits both in your courses and as you progress in your career
Watch the first video in this series:
Other recommended resources
Considering Grad School — this video series offers helpful insight and guidance for those who may be thinking about enrolling in a graduate degree program
- 10 Time Management Tips for Adult Learners — this infographic shares tips to help you stay organized and boost productivity