Are you interested in an internship or career in federal government? To get good advice on beginning a career in federal service register for the free Pathways to Federal Employment webinar on Wednesday, February 13.
The Pathways Programs work to offer federal internships and careers for students and recent graduates and provide training and career development opportunities. During the session a Program Analyst at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management—and former federal intern with a disability—will provide you with a good foundation if considering a career in the federal government.
Topics covered during the session will include:
- the steps to follow when applying for federal positions
- the three pathways to federal employment
- how students with disabilities may be eligible for a special hiring authority
- specific things students with disabilities should do when applying for federal jobs
- highlighting your education and experience when preparing a federal resume
- how to effectively navigate the USAJOBS website
Who Can Attend?
Current Penn State students and recent graduates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to attend. The event is also open to all other students and recent graduates with an interest in a federal career.
Date and Time: Wednesday, February 13, 4:00-5:00 p.m. ET
If you have any questions or for further information email email@example.com.
For more information on disability services at Penn State please visit the Office for Disability Services website or Facebook page.