The votes are in, and the results have been tallied for the summer 2013 “Share a Piece of Your World (Campus)” photo event!
And the top-voted photos are…
- Third place: Zunair Fayaz (My daughter Zenith enjoying her pool this summer.) and Faiza Mohid (My 2-year-old son Raem. He was modelling for his dad.)
- Second place: Joshua Hoch (Our black lab/shepherd mix ready to watch his first Penn State football game last fall.)
- First place: Alyson Lim (My baby pug, Jonah, who patiently waits for me to finish homework for my graduate classes in Homeland Security every night.)
- Third place: Amanda Steigerwalt (The two of the structures that make up the 12 Apostles along the Great Ocean Road in Australia.)
- Second place: Renata Rocha Pastrana (The Sumidero Canyon, Mexico. A beautiful canyon that consists of mountains of 1000 meters in height, and the Grijalva River in the middle.)
- First place: Joseph Bacorn (My family is originally from Ithaca, NY. This is “Ludlowville Falls” nestled just outside the city. Some days in the summer you can see kids swimming below and it’s a really relaxing place to visit.)
- Third place: Derrick Ingram (Why drive? I rode my horse to work.)
- Second place: Jaime Barron (Biodynamic winery in Sonoma, California. We visit the winery about 6 times per year. We only drink wine that is either certified organic, sustainable, or grown on a biodynamic estate.)
- First place: Robert Ronayne (Bumblebee on an echinacea doing his job of pollinating.)
- Third place: Vanessa Cornell (This is a picture of me skydiving over the north shores of Oahu, Hawaii. I am representing “Dear Old State” while free falling over 14,000ft.)
- Second place: Roy El-Rayes (I live in Fort Worth, TX. In the summer when we get our storms, we can have some awesome cloud formations. Every once in a while when the timing is right, a storm will roll in and we will have an amazing sunset.)
- First place: Mary Ann Alderton (Just “monkeying” around at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo in Washington, DC.)
Thank you to everyone who submitted photos and for those who voted. All of our students with top-voted photographs will receive a Penn State travel mug, and their photos will be featured on the World Campus Facebook page for one week. In addition, all the photos that were submitted will be featured on our Flickr page.
Thanks again for helping to make the photo event an overwhelming success!